poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 14
Andy Murray and Wimbledon  larrylark  30 Jun 12 3:01AM Thread Closed

Its here again. The annual can a Brit win Wimbledon debate. With out vast resources and fantastic practice areas, if you can find one and then scrape the dog poo off the base line, you would think that we would be able to conquer the world. Why don't we? Cus most tennis clubs I know round here are bastions of that certain sort of English Middle class snobbery which does not feel comfortable among down town kids. Tennis is seen as something difficult to take up and there don't seem to be any coaches anywhere. So if Murray wins Wimbledon , al our girls are already out, it will be a miracle of massive proportions eclipsing the momentous day when Virginia Wade won in the 70's. Our last male winner? The immortal Fred Perry in the 30's

Larry nadal bad Lark

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  mr_e  6 Jul 12 5:59PM Thread Closed

I hope murray wins the final.. it will take a miraculous performance- he is going to need fate and luck on his side.. but the poor guy is under so much pressure- it would be a fantastic achievement for him personally..and inspirational i reckon for young british kids.

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  unknown  6 Jul 12 7:38PM Thread Closed

I really hope he doesn't win, not fir any sporting reason, but the hypocritical politicians in government right now will bask in the reflected sense of self-wrth and glory the win will bring and feed of the feel good of it all.

Anything that makes the tories look good, even second hand, is a bad thing.

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  larrylark  7 Jul 12 1:29AM Thread Closed

Its funny how a successful Scotsman becomes British which is after all English is it not

Larry Oh land of my fathers Lark

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  larrylark  7 Jul 12 1:33AM Thread Closed

> I really hope he doesn't win, not fir any sporting reason, but the
> hypocritical politicians in government right now will bask in the
> reflected sense of self-wrth and glory the win will bring and feed of
> the feel good of it all.
>
> Anything that makes the tories look good, even second hand, is a bad
> thing.

Yes my friend we will all be stood in out rags outside the golden gated Empire of Toryism while they occasionally throw us a bone and maybe even a worn out tennis ball fpr which we will express extreme gratitude in between doffing our caps and singing God Save King Dave.

Larry I wasn't osborn yesterday but the day before Lark

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  mr_e  8 Jul 12 5:32PM Thread Closed

what a great performance and very gracious speech by andy murray at the end.. methinks the BBC sports personality of the year should go his way..

as for politicians...  the less said the better

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  larrylark  8 Jul 12 11:39PM Thread Closed

He'll definitely win blubber of the year award. He cried, Kate cried, Sir Cliff unashamedly, for after all he has no shame and no taste in clothes after wearing that ghastly jacket, cried, his mum her new boyfriend his dad and his also his dads new partner, my wife, sons, sons girlfriends our kat and budgerigar pet python hamster field mouse moth beetle head lice all unashamedly weeping while me Ivan Lendl and the little old lady who thought she was at Bingo sat stony faces.

Larry tears for souvenirs Lark

PS Many a tear has to fall but its all in the game

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  unknown  9 Jul 12 1:27AM Thread Closed

Yes, how the English detest a blubber - it rankles their stiffer upper lips.
But when you consider the obscene amounts of money involved & that Murray's a Scot, who as a nation pride themselves on being thrifty, it wasn't a surprise that he blubbed like a baby with nappy rash.
If only we could divert ninety percent of ALL sporting monies into more worthy causes then perhaps as a species we would sleep easier at night knowing that there's more to life than ball games.

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  hank  9 Jul 12 9:52AM Thread Closed

hey larry, wanted to take this opportunity to ask how you doin'?.
always enjoy your posts.

hoy! to murray.
although he's western. and therefore emotional.
not ice like those eastern eauropeans.

good that he didn't prance around with that silly plate.

re: Andy Murray and Wimbledon  larrylark  10 Jul 12 12:26AM Thread Closed

> Yes, how the English detest a blubber - it rankles their stiffer upper
> lips.
> But when you consider the obscene amounts of money involved & that
> Murray's a Scot, who as a nation pride themselves on being thrifty,
> it wasn't a surprise that he blubbed like a baby with nappy rash.
> If only we could divert ninety percent of ALL sporting monies into
> more worthy causes then perhaps as a species we would sleep easier at
> night knowing that there's more to life than ball games.

Life is full of if onlys unknown. I would prefer the Wimbledon tournament to be played on Wanstead Common and the Wimbledon site to be turned into a rest home for retired racketeers

Larry gang stirrer Lark

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

0.336s