ding dong!  raskolniikov  8 Apr 13 12:05PM Thread Closed

the wickedly old witch....

re: ding dong!  starr  8 Apr 13 12:51PM Thread Closed

R.u. a good witch or a BAD witch?  :-)

re: ding dong!  starr  8 Apr 13 12:52PM Thread Closed

It'll only be a matter of time before Plath closes this thread.  :-(

re: ding dong!  raskolniikov  8 Apr 13 1:35PM Thread Closed

:-)

i'm a bit of both starr. i have posted this thread as somebody died here today in england who was known as a very very bad witch.

re: ding dong!  starr  8 Apr 13 1:47PM Thread Closed

Ahhhhh...Margaret Thatcher?  If SO, I read about that online.  She WAS a "witch" from what I've heard.  

re: ding dong!  Haxxen  8 Apr 13 2:38PM Thread Closed

Admittedly I am not from England and so my knowledge of its politics are limited, but I was/am of the opinion that Ms. Thatcher was an excellent woman.  Yes, she made some mistakes (as we all do) but she was a trailblazer for women, and also, unshakable in her love for the people of her country.  Why does her death make you happy Raskolniikov?

> i have posted this thread as somebody died
> here today in england who was known as a very very bad witch.

re: ding dong!  starr  8 Apr 13 2:52PM Thread Closed

I always was under the impression that she was sweet TOO, Haxx.  I've always heard mixed things about her tho.  Not sure.  My knowledge of politics is pretty limited as well (by choice.)  Hope you're well, buddy.  :-)  

re: ding dong!  Haxxen  8 Apr 13 2:58PM Thread Closed

I'm good starr.  hope you are too.  Yeah, apparently she ruined a lot of industrial businesses and jobs.  (Mining especially) so I understand the anger there, but progress is always painful, and from what I can tell, she was a spearhead in the progress of England.  The Irish prolly dint like that, but look at them now.... buddy buddy yanno.

re: ding dong!  raskolniikov  8 Apr 13 3:08PM Thread Closed

i never said her death made me happy. forgive me, but that is an assumption on your part. no death makes me happy. i merely stated that a witch had passed away.

as for her being an 'excellent woman'? i recall that Adolf Hitler was Time Person of the Year in 1938 and Stalin was Time Person of the Year in 1939 and again in 1942.

what makes somebody 'excellent' is indeed a matter of opinion.

> Admittedly I am not from England and so my knowledge of its politics
> are limited, but I was/am of the opinion that Ms. Thatcher was an
> excellent woman.  Yes, she made some mistakes (as we all do) but she
> was a trailblazer for women, and also, unshakable in her love for the
> people of her country.  Why does her death make you happy
> Raskolniikov?
>
>
> > i have posted this thread as somebody died
> > here today in england who was known as a very very bad witch.

re: ding dong!  starr  8 Apr 13 3:14PM Thread Closed

Hitler was a Time Person of the YEAR?  WTF?  THAT'S scary how American publications sensationalize these monsters, Rask!  And doin' good, Haxx, thanxx! (Had 2 get dem xx's in da mixx!)  The Bush's (on the news here now) refer to her as a "staunch ally."  I'm not so sure about her particular accomplishments tho.  Pardon my ignorance.  I just don't follow that stuff.  I'm more of a music/arts media junkie.  More interesting.  :-)

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next

1.068s