poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index11-20 of 42
re: Just desserts  unknown  3 Sep 13 4:23PM Thread Closed

It would seem that Jojo is all at sea with his introduction of the "Leviathan."
That is indeed a monster; I wonder what goodness we can attribute to its being.

re: Just desserts  unknown  3 Sep 13 4:34PM Thread Closed

> > as long as it's not an old one
>
> The rod was bent and rusty, carrying an old man of the sea into the
> waters so he could be swallowed by a whale.

Unfortunately, the whale was unable to swallow anything as large as a human being  so the tale of Johan and the whale goes largely un-believed

re: Just desserts  unknown  3 Sep 13 5:40PM Thread Closed

> Unfortunately, the whale was unable to swallow anything as large as a
> human being  so the tale of Johan and the whale goes largely
> un-believed

Only you can be as dried up and as boring as your replies.

re: Just desserts  mandolyn  3 Sep 13 6:01PM Thread Closed

some days i actually come to these boards to see what is going on and i usually laugh over something said which is almost always by a unknown.

unless it's that one unknown- you know, that one that talks about grammar and such.
i picture a 44 yr old woman sitting in chair full of cats with a stern face. she's looking close into the computer screen (or phone or tablet or ipad, whateves) and when she finds a grammatical error she pounces!

and if it's a dude- i apologize, then i just picture my grandpa.

re: Just desserts  Cerulise  3 Sep 13 6:38PM Thread Closed

> It would seem that Jojo is all at sea with his introduction of the
> "Leviathan."
> That is indeed a monster; I wonder what goodness we can attribute to
> its being.

What you don't understand is the mash between Ernest Hemingway's novel with something from the old testament.

"Leviathan, too; Can you catch him with a fish-hook or run a line round his tongue?"
—The Bible, Job 41:1

Naturally you're just a tiny, insignificant person, just as the rest of us. If you can't admit it, you certainly feel nothing that's true. Maybe you catch the fish, but the sharks will follow you, and you'll get eaten without making any successful prize. You're a wretched, disgusting person if you don't change yourself, old fool.

re: Just desserts  starr  3 Sep 13 6:39PM Thread Closed

^LOL!  Your GRANDpa!  I'll admit that I'm one 4 grammar, syntax and punctuation, but it's all 4 the love of language as opposed 2 bein' an asshole.  It's all about da FLOW, y'KNOW.  ;-)

re: Just desserts  Cerulise  3 Sep 13 6:44PM Thread Closed

What's truly ironic about it is that it's clear I can type and look up better than someone who is full of himself, yet I never put myself above people as you do. I simply try to keep us equals. You could be a brotherhood, but you scorn us instead; therefore, you're transfigured to be a monster among those in your coveted, imaginary population.

What's the point? There is more in a wall-celled blossom than an iron thorn. You have no reverence for anything but yourself, which is something that simply makes others pity and become enraged about you.

If you're always like this, it will cycle your life at least until your cellular rebirth as another conscious creature, and then what forceful, fearful things will you insert into others? Maybe you'll just be a disgusting mosquito who tries to suck the blood out of everyone, and then get swatted, endlessly in time until the sun burns everything.

re: Just desserts  mandolyn  3 Sep 13 7:52PM Thread Closed

i wrote a poem with a reference to leviathan, once.
i wonder what that old sap is up to these days...

i like the language of cerulise. :)

re: Just desserts  Cerulise  3 Sep 13 8:04PM Thread Closed

> i wrote a poem with a reference to leviathan, once.
> i wonder what that old sap is up to these days...
>
> i like the language of cerulise. :)

Merci beaucoup, mademoiselle; vous êtes généreux et bénignes.

re: Just desserts  mandolyn  3 Sep 13 8:38PM Thread Closed

> > i wrote a poem with a reference to leviathan, once.
> > i wonder what that old sap is up to these days...
> >
> > i like the language of cerulise. :)
>
> Merci beaucoup, mademoiselle; vous êtes généreux et bénignes.

aw man, i only took 2 weeks of spanish in highschool. don't ask me how i graduated... but i got the heck outta dodge early. didn't even attend the ceremony. they mailed my diploma to me in the mountains where i lived and breathed the pine crusted air.

btw, i saw you mentioned fortuitous. what is going on there? wait.. maybe i don't want to know. i was gone a long time and since i've been back i have successfully avoided the drama. unless there is no drama bomb, then by all means fire away.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

1.094s