poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 14
nightclub  cadmium  12 Jun 16 4:33PM Thread Closed

i'm used to us getting popped once in awhile, but 50 is, like, auschwitz.

what should we do about this.

re: nightclub  unknown  12 Jun 16 5:14PM Thread Closed

make art

re: nightclub  unknown  12 Jun 16 5:16PM Thread Closed

what else is there?

re: nightclub  PollyReg  12 Jun 16 5:31PM Thread Closed

Not to state the obvious but stricter gun control laws?

It is against the law to shoot somebody, right? Therefore, what is the purpose of owning a gun? Game sport, perhaps? It doesn't make sense.

Its like saying that evey American citizen is allowed to have an ounce of heroin and crack, just to look at, but drug abuse is illegal. And then when everyone starts falling dead of drug overdoses good old Barrack boohoos on television about it.

Your country should make everyone who owns a gun go and hand it in and apply laws and strict penalties, possibly jail time,  for anybody being found with one.

While the american population supports the right to bear arms the USA is going to have this problem over and over again
And, it might have been 50 dead and 50 injured but the school shootings are by far worse.

Its like these people think, oh hell, I am feeling like my basic rights and entitlements aren't being met, Imma gonna go and kill some babies/ gay people/ pedestrians....or whatever.

It is a sick, sick, sick illness that seems to have developed over time, and I doubt this will be the end of it.

We have gun control here, and they are not readily available for public purchase...And we don't have many of these mass shootings.

The only one that really comes to mind is the Port Arthur Masacre with some whacked out schizophrenic opening fire and killing a shit load of people...But there have probably been others. It is not "all the time" though.

That's not to say that the propensity for this kind of continual whack-ass shit doesn't exist within some monsters in this country, (there are bad people everywhere)  but the means or opportunity to apply it is not kept fully loaded in the fucking linen closet.

re: nightclub  cadmium  12 Jun 16 7:28PM Thread Closed

as long as we live in a male-dominated capitalist society, where women are marginalized, women as mothers will black-male the male child into thinking that their only existence depends on women. if the mothers say that males must use their sexual energy only for mating with women, then men will be afraid of normal homosexual relationships with their peers and do anything to prove that they're not homosexual, not unworthy of their mothers. men wouldn't really care about gay at all, if it weren't for this modern subtext of failure as a male if you're not totally masculine.

hillery c. is a good start towards freeing women from being considered secondary intellects and socially only useful for raising children. we need women to be an equal part of the direction and future of society. the mostly male congress of the u.s. shows us that things aren't working the way they should, as they are. worth finding out, anyway, what a fully representational society would be like.

so, in this case, the guy in orlando 'orlando guy', evidently saw two guys kissing. in afghanistan, getting it on with boys is culturally acceptable. i wonder if this guy, this american guy who's parents are from afghanistan, wasn't torn between wanting to just kiss a guy and feeling the pressure of being a hundred percent american macho, and he broke? it wasn't about guns, it was about hate and fear.

re: nightclub  Isabelle5  12 Jun 16 7:49PM Thread Closed

You can't get used to this!  You might fight hate and bigotry wherever you find it.  This time is was about homosexuals, hate from a bi-polar, radical ideologist.  Next time it could be any of us, for any reason at all.  GUN CONTROL!  It is working in Australia, enough of our 'freedom to bear arms."  If you need a gun to survive in your neighborhood, MOVE!  A civilian does not need a machine gun to get through his/her daily life!  Blind hate and ignorance combined with deadly weapons is an RX for a disaster like this.  Hate and violence breeds the same.  If this person had to punch everyone instead of shoot them, people would have had a chance to fight back.

If you must have a gun, the law should be that there is a 20 second reload time, 3 bullet max, not the power that military guns have.

The real answer?  I don't know.  More help for mental illness?  No gun unless you can prove a need?  I don't know.  We have to examine our own small minded issues and bigotries, work to rip them out of our minds and live by the rule Jesus Christ gave - Love one another.  Why is that so hard?

Don't ever say you're getting used to getting popped.  We should never get used to violence.

Be safe, all of you - straight or gay, that isn't an issue that should divide us!

re: nightclub  Isabelle5  12 Jun 16 7:53PM Thread Closed

Hey, Mike, from what I know, guy on guy in Afghanistan is NOT ok!  Gay men are burned, beheaded, thrown off buildings...there are many cultures that despise homosexuality for cultural reasons.  So the guy saw two guys kissing and his child saw it, too.  You quietly remove your child if you don't like it!  You don't teach your child that this small event was so grotesque that you had to grab a gun and kill strangers.  What did this child learn from this?  We won't know until he's older!  Let's pray he doesn't decide to follow what his dad did.

I wonder if this man felt a stirring in his own groin and hated himself for it so he had to take it out on others because he couldn't accept it in himself.

re: nightclub  cadmium  12 Jun 16 8:40PM Thread Closed

no, they're two faced about it. being with bots is ok, and I've seen couples of the same age peacefully living together in Egypt and on the west bank. privately,  people will just say they're born Tha way and leave them alone. the funds are the same everywhere and in all these book cultures -- wrath of God and all that. Those are the situations we hear about, the way we hear of the inquisition and think that's all that went on in late medieval  times, forgetting that this was happening in the Renaissance.

his culture would have allowed him to have sexual relations with men. it just wouldn't be made into a public issue until some hitler ayatollah came along.that was my point, that he couldn't be a normal mosley in America  same problem with mslems in europe... the ones who rape boys ... this is the defence, "in an emergency"

> Hey, Mike, from what I know, guy on guy in Afghanistan is NOT ok!  Gay
> men are burned, beheaded, thrown off buildings...there are many
> cultures that despise homosexuality for cultural reasons.  So the guy
> saw two guys kissing and his child saw it, too.  You quietly remove
> your child if you don't like it!  You don't teach your child that
> this small event was so grotesque that you had to grab a gun and kill
> strangers.  What did this child learn from this?  We won't know until
> he's older!  Let's pray he doesn't decide to follow what his dad
> did.
>
> I wonder if this man felt a stirring in his own groin and hated
> himself for it so he had to take it out on others because he couldn't
> accept it in himself.

re: nightclub  Known  13 Jun 16 12:50AM Thread Closed

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.

re: nightclub  PollyReg  14 Jun 16 4:53AM Thread Closed

It's horrific.

I cried for a good half hour after reading those text messages from the 19 year old to his mum..Call the police mommy, hurry....And I love you mommy... Stuff like that...I'm starting crying again now even typing it.

I hope this brings about even the smallest of changes around gun laws there. Anything is better than nothing. Surely, surely, someone will realise the shit can't go on.

There is a months wait in Australia (I think) between applying for a gun license and having it approved...background checks everything...People are going to get there hands on weapons if they really want to anyway, but at least something like that might weed out some of the psychos.

It was the gay community 'this time' ... It's not a gay issue though...It's happened too many times before...hopefully though, with a 'so-called' minority group being the target this time some hypocrite might say, "Oh this must stop now. America can't have minority groups attacked."

Because it doesn't matter why change occurs, in the long run, as long as it does. With the event of the internet things like this are global issues....the whole world is aghast, everyone's up in arms.....And I believe some action will be taken. IT HAS TO BE TAKEN.

Just, what a shame an action couldn't have happened after the last set of babies in schools.  Shame it couldn't have happened after the first mass shooting.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

Recent Best (expand)
1.852s