poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index1-10 of 16
kids  cadmium  13 Jun 16 3:32PM Thread Closed

lets do a jonathan swift game, one on young people.

like, most of the people in the u.s. are 37 or under. what would be lost if they all died -- apart from losing our children and grand children -- the personal part.

let's be reasonable, as bernie would say. nothing would be lost except market for big capitalist companies. there'd be less noise and dumbness, and we could make new kids -- and, love them better because we'd know they'd have a better future, not having it determined by some teen with an erection or a joint.

culturally, what would i lose? i can't think of any poem or music or art done by anyone under 50 right now that means more than a commercial and capitalist transaction...

can you? i mean, if you're really into the art of the thing -- art as the creation and re-identification of the individual out of social conformity and playstation jerking...? graphic novels?? yeah, where all you have to do is add your bigoted idea of what a person is based on what they look like and what you're told to think when you see them. gosh. plot... and, this from people who've got about 45 seconds of life behind them, and the plot is just so fascinating and they've never seen or read anything like it?

and, poetry -- where would they get poetry from? they hate school, and school is where poetry is taught. they make themselves superior by saying that everything is poetry and the music now has the best poetry ever, ever, written?

and, you think i'm just ranting? but, i get to write out in long what i think, and think on what i'm saying as i write it? and, what can you do but maybe draw an ignorant graphic novel on a slip of paper with a picture of poop with my name under it? something your friends would go, 'yah! you nailed him', before the text themselves in front of the metro? no loss.

have a nice day.

mike 503-296-5290

re: kids  cadmium  14 Jun 16 2:12AM Thread Closed

it's a game, but you're not playing a game. you're a parasite looking for a host. go canvas for Bernie or trump and stay out of games you can't play.

re: kids  cadmium  16 Jun 16 6:48AM Thread Closed

still waiting for the team to show. they're here, but they're lazy.

> Mad Mike plays games, where he is the umpire and its only player.

re: kids  unknown  16 Jun 16 9:07AM Thread Closed

I think that they are playing on another field, it’s just that someone forgot to tell Mad Mike.

re: kids  cadmium  16 Jun 16 10:10AM Thread Closed

no, there's quick people here, and they do post and comment. they don't have to like me for me to like or not like what they do.

ordinary people always think poets are mad. that's part of the entertainment value of ordinary -- it's so ordinary.

> I think that they are playing on another field, it’s just that
> someone forgot to tell Mad Mike.

re: kids  unknown  16 Jun 16 3:00PM Thread Closed

Mike, the first sign of madness is when you start believing your own rhetoric.
Your constant espousing that nobody understands you, undermines the conviction of your argument.

re: kids  cadmium  16 Jun 16 3:20PM Thread Closed

i'd say the first sign of madness is when you pick a fight with ghosts.

> Mike, the first sign of madness is when you start believing your own
> rhetoric.
> Your constant espousing that nobody understands you, undermines the
> conviction of your argument.

re: kids  unknown  16 Jun 16 11:35PM Thread Closed

Attempting to portray one’s self as a ghost is probably yet another sign of madness.
Especially, when your image is one of a little fat  gay guy’s  perchance to dream of grandeur and an undoubted inclination  to write about how wonderful though woefully misunderstood he is.

re: kids  cadmium  17 Jun 16 6:35AM Thread Closed

the spammer pretty much killed it for most, then being down for the week or so seemed to cure a lot of people of the urge to gossip for nothing. the serious people are still here -- that's all that's important, and the silly people like you, the ones who complain but don't give anything at all to the site -- parasites grabbing free emo moments, using the site for this one small minded tiny impotent moment of 'that's really nice'. you're still here. so, what really do you want? what's missing? -- exotic dudes and colorful foul mouthed party girls? the ignorant and illiterate don't really need a poetry site to find that, but you peeps do use this as your private lap-dance.

your understanding is in question, not the site. you are the site, and look what you do with it.

> I often think "Why has this site become a ghost of its former self?"
> Can't for the life of me understand why.

re: kids  cadmium  17 Jun 16 1:32PM Thread Closed

only if you think poetry and poetry writing is worthless. anyone with an advanced ability to read finds genuine writing here -- way more than the vanity poetry sites. you're pretty much just admitting you think that poetry shouldn't sound like what real poetry has always sounded like -- a formal twisting of mind into the body so that we can be real instead of text reading clones.

that's why you have to post the spam. i get it, that you're confused and have to lash out like an eight year old. you can see objectively that you're the fester masquerading as some kind of hugh hefner elite under-educated and resentful shit with no creative ability beyond sensually fingering a keyboard.

> > I often think "Why has this site become a ghost of its former
> self?"
> > Can't for the life of me understand why.
>
> The site is a trash can  full of rubbish, a loathsome festering sore
> masquerading under the guise of poetry.

Return To Index
1 2 | Next

Recent Best (expand)
2.022s